Born in Tehran in 1973, Mahsa Vahdat started her career in music by taking piano lessons of Minoo Mohebbi from an early age. She continued the piano with Laleh Aghevli. She picked up Persian traditional singing with Pari Maleki and continued singing with Mehdi Fallah and Mohsen Keramati. Vahdat also plays the setar which she studied under Ramin Kakavand and later Masoud Shoari. She entered the Art University in Tehran in 1993 and graduated from the Music Faculty with a BA in Music. In the Art University she has been under the influence of master musicians such as Sharif Lotfi, Ahmad Pejman, Hooshang Zarif, Behnam Vadani, Abdorreza Sajadi, Hushang Kamkar, and Mohammad Reza Darvishi.
• With Christophe Rezai and Masoud Shoari in the "Peace Anthem"
• With her husband, Atabak Elyasi, on several albums
• With Erik Hillestad in Voggersanger fra ondskapensakse (Lullabies from the Axis of Evil), the CD was a joint effort by female singers from Iran, Iraq, Palestine, Denmark, Sweden and Norway
• With Pejman Taheri in Rishe dar khak (Roots in Water) album
• With various music composers such as Fardin Khalatbari, Karan Homayoonfar, Peyman Yazdanian on soundtracks
• With sister Marjan Vahdat on many joint projects